Tuesday 11 November 2014



Character (Boy)



Development



Coming up with what my character would look like was actually the first thing I did. Playing the game 'Limbo' was when I decided to make my whole game with shadows (only a lot more colorful shadows) so I started of drawing my own version of that games main character and developed him from there. 


1st


Since I couldn't just copy 'Limbo' (I could but people would keep bringing it up) I started playing around with the style of my boy, whom I choose leave nameless for the duration of this project.


2nd

3rd


I liked the 3rd guy more but I started thinking that the plain black look was a lil boring, or at least too grim. So my solution was to add something that was a different color, like a belt or a scarf, something that flowed when my character ran. I liked how the scarf looked so I never bothered with the belt.


4th


No.3 guy with a scarf looked good so I was gonna stick with him, only he seemed too old for my liking, so my next brilliant idea was to draw him again only younger. In retrospect it seems like I started out with my own concept of 'Limbo' and ended up with a different "own concept of 'Limbo'" but at least I can justify how I ended up there.


5th


No comments:

Post a Comment