Tuesday 11 November 2014


Character (Girl)


Development


 Whether its an alternate main character or a supporting one, I don't wont my playable character completely on their own. Two characters means I can have the other one as sort of a comfort blanket to the protagonist, Their only companion in an otherwise desolate big scary forest. The problem with my boy character is that he doesn't look as interesting when hes moving. The fact that my girl character has long hair means that even when shes standing still, it looks really cool when it flows with my non-existent wind. 


1st Concept

2nd Concept


 The issue of just being a plain black shadow yet remains in spite of the fabulous hair on display. If the character and the environment are all going to be block colors in the shapes of trees, boulders, buildings etc. then my main character should have something that distinguish s her or him from everything else on screen. I brought back the red scarf from before and altered her hair so it wouldn't look complicated to animate with both hair and scarf flowing over each other, although I did try one design with both just to see.


3rd Concept

4th Concept
    
5th Concept

After drawing that last one I decided that, yes, long flowing hair is worth having in spite of how hard it'll probably be to animate. but I didn't like the idea that both my characters had red scarfs. Even if said scarf was just a different color, I'd still like it if both characters distinguished themselves from one another further. To remedy this I gave my other possible protagonist a blue ribbon, a choice that in my mind would distinguish her whilst fixing the issue of hair/scarf clashing. (The ribbon would be like adding an extra two strands of hair).


6th Concept

7th Concept

8th Concept


No comments:

Post a Comment